We are currently based at Hope House, Cheetham Street, Hebden Bridge, HX7 8EW ( map )
Travelling to Hebden Bridge
By car: Hope House, Cheetham Street is on a one way street close to the centre of Hebden Bridge. On street parking nearby is free at the times we have sessions.
By train: There is a train station in Hebden Bridge with frequent direct trains from Manchester Victoria, Leeds, York and Burnley. You can get connecting trains from these stations to other major stations in Britain. Please check if you are coming to Manchester which station you arrive into. If your train arrives at Piccadilly you will need to cross town to get to Victoria. You can either do this by tram, taxi or on foot.
There is now a direct train from London to Halifax which runs a few times a day. There can be cheap tickets on this line and we’ve heard they also sell good cheap coffee and cake: www.grandcentralrail.com. You can then easily get a local train to Hebden Bridge from Halifax which is only 15 minutes away and they run around every 20 minutes during the day time.
By bus: If arriving by coach, Halifax is the nearest place you may be dropped off, though Bradford or Leeds are more likely. Bradford and Halifax are both on the Leeds-Hebden Bridge train line. If you arriving by train to Bradford again check which station it is as there are two stations. The train to Hebden Bridge leaves from the Interchange.
Megabus does a train out of London which puts you onto a coach in the Midlands and deposits you in Halifax from where you can get a local train, bus or taxi. This is usually the cheapest way to get here from the capital: www.megabus.com
On foot: From the Railway Station (approx 5 minutes walk):
- Follow the only road out of the station car park.
- At the T-junction turn left onto Burnley Rd (towards town).
- Keep on walking until you see Hebden Bridge Picture House on your left and then turn right into Hope Street
- Walk along the long side of the Baptist Chapel and turn left into Cheetham Street
- Walk along the short side of the Chapel and turn into the yard on your left just after
- Find the black door on the right hand side of the yard and come in !